Spring has finally arrived–which means summer is just around the corner. It is time to up the workout ante!
Challenge yourself to complete a 30 Day Challenge.
Your challenge can be whatever you want.
- You can do the 30 Day Squat Challenge which should only take 2-5 minutes out of your day.
- You can challenge yourself to run or walk a mile or more 30 days in a row.
- You can do a yoga challenge, committing 60-90min a day to yourself.
- You can Crossfit 30 days in a row.
Whatever sort of challenge you decide to do, here are 4 reasons you should do a 30 Day Challenge.
1. You do have the time. Find somewhere during your day to take a break for yourself. If there isn’t space in the middle of your day, tack it to the beginning or the end. You can always wake up 10 minutes earlier, or skip the hour (or more) of television you watch each night. You’ll start to realize when you set aside time to focus on yourself, you’ll be able to preform your other tasks and obligations more efficiently and more effectively.
2. You will have set a new goal. Broadcast this goal! Let others know what you are doing! They might do it with you! The more the merrier. It’s harder to break a commitment when others know you have one.
3. You’ll push your boundaries. It is easy to find an excuse to back out of our workouts when we are tired. When you push through fatigue, your body is forced to rebuild itself back up stronger. Your brain often fatigues before your body. Teach the brain how strong you can be! You’ll surprise yourself with how much you can improve in an activity when you work on it each day for a month!
4. You can eat more food! Obviously if your goal involves losing weight, you shouldn’t completely offset your exercise with extra food. However, if you do a 30 Day Bikram Challenge, or push yourself to run 3-5 miles every day for the month of May, you will find you need to fuel your body better for this endeavor. Your body’s cravings can teach you what vitamins and minerals you’re lacking in. Once you’ve identified the vitamins you need it’s just a matter of visiting LuckyVitamin or going to your local Walgreens. The cleaner you keep your system and the more you ask of it, the more it can accurately tell you what you need. You will probably find your body actually craves lean meats and veggies! You will learn the food you eat is fuel for your hard working body!
Give it a try!
See what you can do!
If you decide to hop in on the 30 day challenge, talk about what you are doing below!
The more of us that join in the more support we have!
I’m doing a 30 day Bikram challenge and the 30 day squat challenge! Who’s in it with me??