There are plenty of yummy things you can eat while still maintaining protein and carb ratios for maintenance or weight loss. The problem is they all contain veggies and lean protein and preparing these items mid day can be a challenge.
That’s why a big batch of Cashew Chicken Salad is a great idea for weekday lunches!
If you take the time on Sunday to combine a bunch of yummy healthy flavors you can have a whole foods quality grab-and-go lunch in your own fridge!
Saves money and calories if you do it yourself!
- 5 Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa
- 2 cups cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsbp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tsps shaved ginger
- 6 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Coat chicken in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for 40 min at 350 degrees, set aside let cool then chop into fine bite size pieces.
- Cook Quinoa (usually has 15 min cooking time). Set aside and cool.
- Chop and combine cabbage, carrots, red onion, green onion, and pepper.
- Add Chicken and Quinoa
- Prepare dressing by sauteeing sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar over low heat. Add water for desire consistency.
- Pour dressing into mixture stirring until evenly distributed.
Makes 8 Servings
Calories 388 Fat: 23,3g Carbs: 20.3g Fiber: 4g Protein 29g