All you need for this cross fit style workout workout is a Dynamax Ball!
Pyramid Workouts work by doing 10 reps of everything 1x through. Then 9, 8, etc. and so on until you hit 1 rep of each exercise.
1. Ball Squats: Squat all the way down until your bottom touches the ball
2. Ball Slams: Bring the ball over head. Slam it down. Work to catch it on it’s bounce to conserve energy!
3. Burpees: Place the ball on the floor. Jump out into a push up position. Touch your chest to the ball. Stand back up and place the ball over your head. Make sure your chest touches the ball teach time.
4. Sit Up To Stand Up: Lay down on the floor with the ball over your head. Pull the ball over your body past your feet, rocking up onto your heels. Stand up and press the ball over head.
5. Squat to Press: Squat down until your elbows touch your knees. Stand up and press the ball over your head.
6. Medball Slams: Sit down, knees bent heels on the floor. Lean back 45 degrees and slam ball side to side bringing the ball over your head between slams. (10 reps to each side)
7. Push Ups: Do 10 push ups with one hand on the ball and 10 with the other hand on the ball. Travel over the ball between each and every push up.
Here is a 15 min workoutevery runner should do2x a week!
Here’s how a Pyramid workout works:
You do one cycle through doing 10 reps of each exercise, unless otherwise specified. After you complete a cycle you repeat the exercises 9x, then 8x, until you hit 1 rep of each exercise. Time yourself! Look for improvement! But Always do the reps to the best of your ability working to keep you core tight!!!
A couple weeks ago we did the 52 minute deck of cards workout. This week’s workout is the quickened version. It works similar, but instead of having 13 exercises you only have 4, one for each suit and instead of doing 1 min of each exercise, you do the number of reps on the card. You can pick whatever exercises you want, but here is what I recommend: