- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Chili Beans
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (I like to get flavored dice tomatoes such as with green chilies or with garlic and herbs!)
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- Seasonings (you can buy chili seasoning, but I like to use cumin, Italian Herbs, Garlic, cayenne, hot sauce, sriracha, and spicy rubs)
- Put canned items in slow cooker on low.
- Sautee onion and pepper with garlic, Italian herbs seasoning, cayenne, and hot sauce on the stove until veggies begin to soften. Put in slow cooker and mix.
- Brown ground Chicken with cumin, sriracha, and spicy rub. Put in slow cooker.
- Cook all for 5-8 hours on low heat. It can go faster if you put it on high heat, but you have to be able to stir more often. The longer it can cook the better!
Serve over brown rice, or spinach (for a low carb/calorie alternative)! A great healthy meal to prepare Sunday night to feed you after a long day at work!
Makes 10 servings
1 Serving = 150 Calories, 3.2g Fat, 12g Carb, 4.5g Fiber, 15g Protein