One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is to escape to the west side to get a run in. Despite some obstacles;….ok just one but the 520 bridge being closed is a MAJOR headache of an obstacle, we made it to the designated meeting spot Blue Star Pub and Cafe.
I always like to meet at a restuarant.
1. It is easier to find a business with a smart phone then it is to find a location
2. You can eat there after! So pick a good one. Some of my favorite on the west side near runs are:
- Blue Star Pub and Cafe – Greenlake one outer lap is 3.1 if you park at Blue star and do 1 inner 1 outer loop you get 7.1 miles
- Portage Bay – Lake Union Lake union is a good 7ish mile run
- Celtic Swell – West Seattle gorgeous run on the water! 3-15 miles down and back runs!
- 5 Spot – Upper Queen Anne (Kerry Park run) the Queen anne loop can be a 3-5 miles run if you do a loop
We ran the greenlake route doing an outer loop first then jumped into the inner usually more crowded loop. The inner loop was our better option though because of the mud and puddles that tend to occupy Seattle pathways.
Getting back we were all Starvin Marvins! Look at all the food we ordered!: