Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers are a great meal for Vegetarians, those looking to cut calories and keep up the variety, and for runners looking to get a burger fix on a shorter run day!
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sriracha if you like spice
- Low Fat Pepper Jack Cheese
- Coconut Oil
- Combine all Quinoa, black beans, egg, mustard, garlic, cumin, and sriracha in a mixing bowl.
- Pat into patties. Should make 4-6.
- Cook patties 90 seconds per side in a skillet pan on high coated in coconut oil.
- Transfer into over and cook at 400 degrees for 10 min
- Flip over and add pepperjack cheese return to over for 5 min or until cheese melts.
- Mash avocado with 1/2 tsp salt and lime juice or cut into slices to put on top of burgers
1 Serving has 444 calories, 24.6g fat, 55g carbs, 14g fiber, and 14g Protein. For those not counting calories feel free to add a bun. 1/2 an avocado adds 161 calories, but remember it also packs some awesome vitamins and is a great source of polyunsaturated fats, one of the good fats that helps fight high cholesterol!