I was a Pescetarian for 4 years. I know I need meat now, to keep my iron levels up but every now and then I crave fish.
Salmon is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B2, B3, B6, A, D, and E, and the minerals iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous and zinc.
Salmon with Red Pepper Cream Sauce is an healthy recipe that is easy to make and will impress your friends with the pickiest culinary palates.
- 1 lb Salmon (Serves 4)
- 2 Red Pepper
- 2 Sweet Onion
- Non Fat Half and Half
- White Wine
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Marinate Salmon with White Wine, Chives, black pepper, and some sweet onion sliced very thin and let sit at room temp for about a half an hour.
- Chop a sweet onion and red pepper into chunks.
- Slow boil the onion and pepper with a 1/4- 1/2 cup of white wine (or water if you want to save the calories) but the liquid should evaporate out.
- Slice 2nd onion and pepper into thin strips
- Saute until onions and peppers begin to get soft.
- Add Salmon to pan at medium high heat .
- Cook 3 min one side, then 3-4 second side. Salmon should be slightly rare in the middle. You don’t want to over cook Salmon.
- Add Sweet Onion and Red Pepper Chuck mixture to blender.
- Add enough Non Fat Half and Half to blend down to a sauce. (Should be approx. 1/4 cup depending on how your veggies cooked down.)
- Serve Salmon on a bed of onions and peppers with Red Pepper Cream Sauce Poured on Top.
Calories 224 Fat 5.3g Carbs 12g Fiber 2.8g Protein 31g